NordVPN is a top-tier
However, NordVPN may not work for you for several reasons, like technical incompatibility and personal preference. There are just products and services out there that you’re not comfortable with, and we get that. Our review of NordVPN went well, but if you just want to get the feel of this
Browse securely on Wi-Fi. Anywhere, anytime.
Start your 7-day NordVPN free trial today!
— NordVPN (@NordVPN) August 17, 2018
However, if you already subscribed to one of its plans (with a credit card or cryptocurrency) and you havedecided that it’s not for you, the good news is that NordVPN has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Refunding and closing a NordVPN account
Before we delve into the how’s of getting a NordVPN refund and closing your account, take note that it’s always a good idea to have the protection of a
NordVPN’s refund policy
You can find NordVPN’s refund policy on its Terms of Service page. It’s four paragraphs long but can be summarized into a few important points:
- Before NordVPN can process your refund request, it will try first to solve your issues.
- NordVPN can’t provide a refund if you bought the subscription from iTunes/App Store or resellers such as Amazon and BestBuy. In these cases, you need to contact the customer support of the reseller or App Store. As you can read below, it’s best to read our reviews, then click the link we provide to buy directly from the
@NordVPN NO LONGER works as a VPN for Sky Sports or BT Sport. I was referred back to @mashable through whom I bought the 2 year subscription. Terrible Customer Service of pass the buck #NordVPN #Mashable #VPN #SkySports #BTSport
— vidalfitness.com (@yorkystarkid) September 28, 2018
- NordVPN can’t provide a refund if the payment was made using prepaid cards or gift cards.
- Payments made in cryptocurrency will be refunded in the same cryptocurrency, based on the exchange rate at the time of refund.
These policies apply to accounts that are within the 30-day money-back guarantee period. Accounts more than 30 days old can be canceled anytime, but there will be no partial refund.
Hello, Joshua. Unfortunately, we are unable to make partial refunds of the service. That being said, I am sure we can help with any issues that you might be having. Feel free to contact us via the DM for help.https://t.co/2NPvfy4RqH
— NordVPN (@NordVPN) October 10, 2018
Canceling your NordVPN subscription
Before you request for a refund, you have to cancel your subscription first to make sure there won’t be recurring payments anymore. Unlike with other
- Login to your NordVPN account.
- Go to My Account page.
- Click on “Cancel automatic payments” at the bottom of the page.
- Click on “Confirm Cancellation.”
After you’ve done these steps, your account will not auto-renew anymore. Then you’re now ready to request for a NordVPN refund.
Getting a NordVPN refund
You can request for a NordVPN refund by contacting customer support through live chat or email. In both platforms, state the exact reason why you are closing your account and requesting a refund. NordVPN will try to make you stay first, but if you’re really decided, then the company won’t do any hard selling.
To be able to access NordVPN’s live chat and email support, click on the message icon with a question mark at the center, located on the lower right-hand corner of the screen.
You’ll then see a window where you can type a question or browse through the FAQs. This is NordVPN’s way of providing support without the need to wait for the support staff to reply. However, since you are requesting for a refund, you have to talk to a real human, so choose either email or live Chat:
The two support channels don’t differ much from each other; the only difference is the response time. With live chat, responses are mostly instant; for email, responses take 30 minutes to 24 hours.
For both channels, refund processing usually takes one to two business days. After sending your request, you can uninstall the NordVPN apps and software from your devices.
NordVPN may not work but you still need a
Now that you’ve closed your account and got a NordVPN refund, please don’t close your doors on VPNs. VPNs are currently the top privacy solution providers, making them a very useful tool, especially during these times when privacy breaches are happening left and right.
Also, VPNs have other great uses such as:
- Bypass geo-blocking: Geo-blocking is done by inspecting the IP address of the user. If the website detects that your IP address is coming from a blocked location, then it will block you. With a
VPN, you can choose a server location, and then an IP address from that location will be assigned to you. This effectively allows you to access restricted content.
- Get around government censorship: The most notable censorship by a country is the Great Firewall of China. It’s not without holes though, and we’ve tested several VPNs that will work when you’re going to China.
China threatens denial-of-service attack against anyone helping to circumvent Great Firewall. http://t.co/f73B0GNFJ6 pic.twitter.com/8ENCQ5ZJ3k
— Kenneth Roth (@KenRoth) September 9, 2015
- Streaming and torrenting: Copyright owners are intensifying their drive against piracy, resulting in lawsuits such as those against The Pirate Bay founders, and even several users of Popcorn Time.
Whatever your needs are, there is a
This is why it’s important that you do some research and read reviews before signing up for any