Top 10 VPN Providers Overall
Before you buy a VPN suitable for Your Needs from the first company you find, check the reviews. We test, review and rate the top VPNs. We want to make sure you get the most reliable, fastest VPN with the best features, policies and price, with the guarantees to back it up. Don’t waste your money on overcrowded, slow or buggy VPNs. Choose the best VPN and regret nothing.
Top 10 VPNs in the World
FAQs about the top 10 VPN providers
What is a VPN and how does it work?
VPN stands for Virtual Private Network. A VPN is software that allows users to access the Internet safely. A VPN encrypts your data as it leaves your network, and protects you further by hiding your IP address and routing your connections through its server. This is how a VPN succeeds at protecting your online activity:
- Step 1: The user starts that VPN software from the VPN service.
- Step 2: The VPN then encrypts the data even before the ISP can index it.
- Step 3: The data goes to the VPN. From the VPN server, data goes to the user’s online destination.
- Step 4: The online destination receives the data and interprets it as if the data was coming from the VPN server and its location, not from your computer and your original location.
- Step 5: THe whole process is done in reverse and decrypted so that you can enjoy whatever content you were looking for!
A VPN is also useful for helping users bypass Internet censorship, gain access to geo-blocked networks, and safely download content. Read about the best VPNs available by looking at our reviews above right now!
What is the purpose of a VPN?
The purpose of a Virtual Private Network is to allow its users to use the Internet in a private and secure manner. In simple terms, the purpose of the VPN is to be the third party that connects to the Internet on your behalf. VPNs have many purposes which are vital to people from all walks of life:
- – Shield your online activity from prying eyes.
- – Protect your sensitive information like passwords, login credentials, emails, etc.
- – Help you access geo-restricted websites.
- – Safely download online content.
- – Watch streaming media like Netflix and Hulu.
- – Bypass Internet censorship based on country restrictions.
Keeping you private and safe is the main concern of a quality VPN. The VPN makes sure that its users enjoy full anonymity, while also allowing you to circumvent certain Internet censorships and access geo-blocked content.
How do I choose the best VPN service for me?
There are many quality VPNs out there, and choosing one which is right for you is no simple task. The best way to make sure you have chosen the perfect VPN service for you is to take several factors into account:
- – How many servers the VPN has.
- – Make sure they offer unlimited bandwidth.
- – Make sure they offer a friendly user interface.
- – Make sure your important locations are included.
- – Decide which payment plans you’re comfortable with.
- – Find a VPN with a reliable customer support service.
- – Find a VPN with a solid refund policy.
Once you assess your VPN needs, you will be able to choose the ideal VPN service. If you need more help deciding which VPN to choose, read the reviews above of some of the most dependable VPN services. By reading our reviews, you will be better prepared to make a well-informed decision and find the perfect VPN service for you.
What are the common features of a good VPN provider?
Every VPN service is unique, and providers differ in the features they offer. However, there are critical features that you should look for in a quality VPN provider:
- – Mobile apps
- – Router support
- – Unlimited bandwidth
- – Good customer support
- – Total privacy with no logs
- – Free trial
- – Money-back guarantee
- – Supported on multiple devices
- – Kill-switch
- – Impressive speed
There are a variety of ways by which you can determine which VPN suits you. The best way is to determine what you’re looking for in a VPN and then decide which one best aligns with your needs.
How much does a VPN service cost?
Although you can find free VPN services, they almost always come short when it comes to offering quality protection. Most the time they are either data-capped, harvesting your data to sell, or so slow they’re not worth your time.
The price of the paid subscriptions that a quality VPN provider offers varies, but you can usually find a good solution for your VPN needs for somewhere around $3 to $7 per month. Good VPN providers also offer annual plans which are considerably cheaper compared with their monthly subscriptions. You can find out the prices of some of the best VPN providers by reading our reviews above.
Is a VPN the same as proxy servers?
Even though both VPN and proxy servers offer online anonymity, they differ in some very important and fundamental elements:
- – Proxy: A proxy will only disguise your IP address while leaving your online activities unmasked. They offer no encryption against any spying from anyone whatsoever.
- – VPN: A VPN encrypts the data your device transmits and erases any traces of your online activity, making it virtually impossible for hackers to access your data.
The VPN also hides your IP address by providing an alternate IP address from the VPN service to your online destination. The main difference between a proxy and a VPN is that while the Proxy hides your IP address, it leaves your online activity exposed for the public, while the VPN both hides your IP address and protects the data from your online activity.
Is it legal to use a VPN?
With a few exceptions, using a VPN is perfectly legal in most countries. There are currently no laws prohibiting the use of a VPN service in:
- – US
- – Canada
- – Europe
- – UK
- – Australia
There a few which restrict or outlaw their use, and I’m betting you can guess which (UAE, Iran, China…)
How do VPNs help with geo-blocked content?
Geo-restricted content is used on websites and prevents certain visitors from accessing the website, buying products, or certain services. For instance, if Netflix is restricted in your country, you can’t access it without using a VPN. In this situation, a VPN helps by providing your device a private and secure Internet connection so that others can’t see your information or location.
The best way to make sure that a certain VPN service will allow you to access your desired geo-blocked content is to make sure that the VPN service provides access to the geo-blocked content in your specific country.
Should I use a VPN while torrenting?
Yes, you absolutely MUST. One of the perks of using a VPN is that it allows you to download content on the Internet safely. For instance, if you wanted to use The Pirate Bay without getting into any legal trouble, using a quality VPN service is the best way to do it. We can help you find some of the best VPNs in the industry that allow you to use The Pirate Bay safely and privately.